Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lists.

This past weekend, I:

[x] Swam in the Sea of Japan
[x] Ate mediocre nachos at a cute Mexican restaurant in Busan
[x] Danced to Bob Dylan
[x] Watched Cold Mountain at the DVD Bong (highly recommend!)
[x] Said goodbye to a dear friend for seven weeks

So far this week, I have:

[x] Successfully transferred money from my Korean checking account to my American checking account
[x] Shopped. Finally. You don't realize how much you miss Target and Forever 21 until the one stop shops are no longer available.
[x] Spent a morning at the lovely Can More restaurant with Diane, sipping on Mango Guava smoothies and chatting about her departure back to South Africa next week
[x] Taught my private about the difference between "giddy", "smitten", "infatuated", and "crush". I'm not sure that is worth her paying $50/hour, but she seems happy to do it. Can't really complain, can I?
[x] Fallen in love with the lyrics to "The Dance" by aKing
[x] Given two hours of oral tests to two of my classes...
[x] ...because of this, had two pizza parties today
[x] Tanned on the rooftop of an 18 floor apartment building
[x] Written and sent letters
[x] Gotten a MASSIVE new fridge which replaced my old broken one. I love cold milk. Who knew?
[x] Practiced with Jay
[x] Booked Jeff's flight to South Korea. EPIC!

The rest of the week/upcoming weekend, I am:

[x ] Playing at a Korean coffee house, Yan's, with Jay. We've been practicing for about a month now, and have six songs down cold. (iwillnotletmynervesgettomeiwillnotletmynervesgettome)
[x ] Going to a Hawaiian themed movie night on Friday
[ ] Helping my students rehearse scripts Saturday morning for an English speaking competition
[ ] Possibly returning to the beach, depending on the weather

* * *

Needless to say, busy busy busy busy. But all of it is fabulous and intoxicating and beautiful and thought provoking. All of it. I have fallen in love with nearly all of my students. They've grown on me faster than rice paddies grow in the summer time.

More later? I need to practice.

Update: Just got home from playing music with Jay at Yan's. I haven't been on stage with my guitar since Xhedo's, and it felt so good. So familiar. Even though my nerves were as apparent as ever, I got past them within the first 30 seconds of the first song, and managed to sing as best I could for the following five. Now it is time for me to rest me weary eyes, wake up tomorrow morning, and Skype Megan Lang... and then proceed to the easiest work day of the week.

'Til next time. :)

3 comments:

  1. More for sure please!
    I went to target two days in a row, thought of you! Remeber our trips to target when I couldn't even drive?!

    What is the sea of Japan like?
    Just listen to The Dance, really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph.
    Yes, I remember the days when we went to Target when you couldn't drive. I also remember me barely even being able to drive. Let's admit it, I'm just not good behind the wheel! Although I do miss it a LOT out here.
    The Sea of Japan is beautiful. Swallowed a shitload of salt water though. Haven't done that since our cruise. xx

    Megan.
    Okay, I just called you. Is this about you coming out to South Korea with Jeff? God I hope so. Ring ring, mama! :)

    ReplyDelete